Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Little Exercise

Signs of Spring are apparent these days


I've been needing to get more exercise. Its been hard the last few months. Really cold weather. And I've put on a little weight this year. I need to get rid of some of it.

And I've spent a lot of time at the desk at work lately. Really busy at the office? Its that time of year for me. But I felt the need to get outside, maybe raise the heart rate a little bit. Blast out a few cobwebs from the body.

So on a beautiful Sunday morning I took out on Bruiser, my trusty and faithful mountain bike. Pumped up the tires, and headed out.
Makes you wonder if the designer of this sidewalk was drunk.
It was a windy day. Wind advisories were posted for strong winds from the south? But, not much of a surprise there. After all, the word Kansas means people of the south wind. Correctly described, at least in the springtime.

Selfie while waiting at a stoplight
Now, the smart thing to do, when on a bicycle in windy weather is to first head out against the wind, while you are fresh, then as you ride back home, you will be able to ride with the wind.

Of course, I don't always do the "smart" thing.

But I was close.

The water feature as I headed south against the wind
First I headed north. I know, wrong way, but there actually was a plan. The bulk of the ride would be either east or west, and the plan was to finish up going north.

This path is really fun when the vegetation is present, almost like riding in a jungle? Not today though.

I thought it would be easier to ride south through a neighborhood, protected from the wind by houses and trees, and I had a particular neighborhood in mind.

It was still slow going, curvy streets and pathways, but the effect of the wind was lessened.

Then I turned back west for a while, eventually reaching another turning point.




Signalling a right turn, back north, with the wind, toward home.

Ride on, and carpe diem, my friends.




3 comments:

  1. Loving those daffodils1

    A nice bike ride is a way to get the kinks out! Got one planned myself.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. I needed a little exercise, too and purchased a bike last week. I never knew it could be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn it, now you made me feel guilty that I need more exercise. Time to get my bicycle out..... I hope you are well and feeling good.

    ReplyDelete